Editors are Forecasting: Heavy Metal
Posted on 19 October 2009
Are you kidding?Â ...well this is a no brainer.Double D Ranchâ„¢ collectors know we always have great leather jackets loaded with metal details and this season is no exception.Â In fact we have more than the usual offering.Â Super high domed nailheads, pierced rings and a new staple effect are just some of the elements I have been playing around with for fall.Â Let me show you what Iâ€™m talking about:
- First may I introduce the â€˜Grant Biker Jacketâ€™?Â â€˜Grantâ€™ is this seasonâ€™s Urban Warrior. [caption id="attachment_506" align="alignright" width="139" caption="Grant Biker Jacket "][/caption] Its updated biker cut with super domed nails gives an immediate edgy persona without looking like Sid Vicious.
- Next is the â€˜Sergei Jacketâ€™ which is based on a biker silhouette also, but is a bit longer in length.Â Â Â I played around with some metal rings and looping on the sleeve and added just a bit (thatâ€™s in Double D proportions) of the super domed nails to the cuffs and collar. [caption id="attachment_510" align="alignright" width="156" caption="Sergei Jacket"][/caption]
And while Iâ€™m on the subjectâ€¦Â Â Â Â I never understood the â€˜less is moreâ€™ theoryâ€¦ to me,Â â€˜moreâ€™ is more.
- Finally, as with every season I try to design something with crosses as a way of honoring and witnessing about my awesome LORD and King.Â This yearâ€™s â€˜Trinity Cross Jacketâ€™ is my very humble tribute.Â Â It features ten different Navajo crosses in really cool finishes like antique brass, verde, and something we developed called â€˜rusty cruddyâ€™. [caption id="attachment_513" align="alignright" width="163" caption="Trinity Cross Jacket"][/caption]
- DO pair over your favorite jeans
- DO wear over a plaid skirt
- DO wear over a fussy ball gown or slip dress
- DONâ€™T wear it over black leather or thigh highs unless you are going for the Iron Maiden look