Posted on 25 November 2009
I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.Â No pressure, just good food and family.
I like that.
Here is our menu for our Thanksgiving meal:
- 1 Butterball Turkey - it has to be Butterball, Mom insists and she starts basting it around 4 am.
- Cornbread Dressing - crusty in the corners just the way Hedy likes itÂ (a family recipe from my paternal grandmother)
- Giblet Gravy - don't ask, just ladleÂ it on top of the dressing
- Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Crumble Topping - almost souffle like
- Broccoli & Rice Cassarole -Â keep the cheese off of one end for Taylor (old 4-H recipe)
- Cracker Corn Cassarole - family recipe from my maternal grandmother
- Brandied Cranberries - for Cheryl
- Other Cranberries - for Hedy
- Yeast Rolls & Butter
- 1 Pecan Pie - Mom's recipe from an old Good Houskeeping cookbook
- 1 Pumpkin Pie with real whipped cream - Jack's request
- 1 Cherry Pie
- 1 Texas vs. A&M football game