DoubleTake: February 1990
Posted on 08 February 2010
Vogue, February 1990
Editor: Anna Wintour
Newsstand Price: $3
Cover Model: Cindy CrawfordNote: Four of the Big Six Supermodels of the 90s were featured in this issue.Â To find out how much you know about supermodels, take the quiz at the end of today's post. .
Cindy changed the perception of the â€˜sexy American girlâ€™ from classic blue eyed blond to a more sultry brunette with brains, charm, and professionalism to spare. - Michael Kors.
Christy Turlington looking very Jackie O-ish and still working twenty years later.
Unknown model sporting long jackets for ladies who lunch.
Unknowns with fashion still loitering from the 80's. .
Linda Evangelista: my personal favorite of the Supermodels. Early classic Guess? ad with Claudia Schiffer, - notice the mommy jeans.
Guess' name became really much more known around the world because [of] Claudia - Paul Marciano.
Classic Donna Karan ad: Still beautiful twenty years later..
ads with fashion still loitering from the 80's.
More leftover 80's fashion - if the polka dots, plaids, stripes and florals don't get ya - how about the white hose leftover from the Lady Di days of the early 80's?.
OK, if you had to wear one, which would it be?.
big hair and Joan Jett hair.
Mommy vans in Vogue!. And finally a list of activities for the first full month of business (if you want to call it that) of Double D Ranchâ„¢Â twenty years ago:
- futile attempt at sourcing Indian trade blankets
- doing our day job and measuring for drapes
- futile attempt at sourcing silver concho buttons
- doing our day job and calculating square feet of wallpaper
- somewhat successful trip to a San Antonio pattern maker who helped get us pointed in the right direction
- doing our day job and scheduling carpet installations
- secured a temporary booth space at the Dallas Apparel Mart
Do you know the difference between a 'Supermodel" and a "Super Hero"?