From the Archives: Flag Day
Posted on 25 February 2011
In honor of Flag Day,
we have dug in Double D Ranch's archive and have come up with a photo of Audrey rock'n the Original Flag Jacket!.
Anybody have one of these in their closet?
This photo brings back a lot of memories for me.
- This was our first EVER spring collection.
- The Persian Gulf War had just broke out and wanting to be patriotic, Neiman Marcus ordered a bunch of these flag jackets. Â Then I cried when I saw their left-overs marked down at Last Call.
- The photo was taken on the fly in downtown Yoakum across from the railroad tracks.Â (Notice the "Dinky Stop Cafe" window signage urging long gone, train passengers in for a meal)
- The old truck belonged to an employee and we just grabbed it and threw it in the photo at the last minute.
- The skirt fabric was my first attempt at reproducing an old fabric.Â I came across this haggard bandanna in New York and convinced somebody to print it for us.Â It still looks good.