In honor of Flag Day,
we have dug in Double D Ranch's archive and have come up with a photo of Audrey rock'n the Original Flag Jacket!
Anybody have one of these in their closet?
This photo brings back a lot of memories for me.
- This was our first EVER spring collection.
- The Persian Gulf War had just broken out and wanting to be patriotic, Neiman Marcus ordered a bunch of these flag jackets. Then I cried when I saw their left-overs marked down at Last Call.
- The photo was taken on the fly in downtown Yoakum across from the railroad tracks. (Notice the "Dinky Stop Cafe" window signage urging long gone, train passengers in for a meal)
- The old truck belonged to an employee and we just grabbed it and threw it in the photo at the last minute.
- The skirt fabric was my first attempt at reproducing an old fabric. I came across this haggard bandanna in New York and convinced somebody to print it for us. It still looks good.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.